Konza Technopolis Development Authority (KoTDA), the implementing agency under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology (MoICT) is seeking a competent, capable, ambitious, self-motivated and dynamic individual that demonstrates the appropriate expertise and experience to contribute to the development of the Konza Technopolis into a sustainable world class technology hub.
The Mission of Konza Technopolis Development Authority is “to develop a sustainable smart city and innovation ecosystem contributing to Kenya’s knowledge economy”. Konza Technopolis as an area of Innovation is especially suited to Education Institutions, Research & Development Centres and Commercial interests in the sectors of Life sciences, Engineering and Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES). To this end the Government Of Kenya has begun the process of upgrading Phase 1 horizontal infrastructure, construction of the KoTDA Hub, the Government cloud infrastructure and establishment of Kenya’s first dedicated research and innovation University. Konza Technopolis will also be a special economic Zone with Incentives targeted at participating enterprises.
KoTDA therefore invites qualified Interested individuals to apply for the under listed position.
PROJECT MANAGER- KoTDA Grade 3; Positions (1)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Project Manager is responsible for providing strategic support to the CEO in the implementation of Konza Project. The Project Manager will supervise and coordinate project implementation to ensure target objectives and goals are achieved as planned. The role will also monitor activities being implemented to ensure that all stakeholders are fully updated on issues relating to the project and the outcomes.
- Job Specifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating tracking and documentation of project progress against milestones in accordance with project schedules;
- Coordinating development of functional and system design specifications for KOTDA engagements with contractors and other stakeholders;
- Managing stakeholder’s contractual deliverables and coordinating reporting;
- Coordinating design and execution of planned project activities within Konza Technopolis.
- Coordinating with Chief Managers to identify project issues and ensure that they are tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner;\
- Coordinating proactive communication of project status, issues and risks;
- Coordinating development of Project Management Tools and strategies including project, communication, quality, risk and configuration plans for Konza Projects;
- Coordinating development and review of project tools and strategies for Konza Projects during project; execution and communicate needed changes in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Chief Managers in managing resources in accordance with Project standards and budgetary allocations.
b. Person specification
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience three of which must be in management;
- Master’s Degree in Project Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Management course of not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Member of a relevant professional body;
- Proficiency in computer application
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfill requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should include the job title, a reliable email address, and day -time telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Interested applicants should register and apply online at Human Capital Business Solutions:
All applications should be received before/on Tuesday 2nd April 2019.
KoTDA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Authority is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore qualified women, youth, the marginalized and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.