Konza Technopolis Development Authority (KoTDA), the implementing agency under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology (MoICT) is seeking a competent, capable, ambitious, self-motivated and dynamic individual that demonstrates the appropriate expertise and experience to contribute to the development of the Konza Technopolis into a sustainable world class technology hub.
The Mission of Konza Technopolis Development Authority is “to develop a sustainable smart city and innovation ecosystem contributing to Kenya’s knowledge economy”. Konza Technopolis as an area of Innovation is especially suited to Education Institutions, Research & Development Centres and Commercial interests in the sectors of Life sciences, Engineering and Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES). To this end the Government of Kenya has begun the process of upgrading Phase 1 horizontal infrastructure, construction of the KoTDA Hub, the Government cloud infrastructure and establishment of Kenya’s first dedicated research and Innovation University. This represents a total investment of over KES 80 Billion by the government into Konza Technopolis, a Vision 2030 flagship project. Konza Technopolis will also be a special economic Zone with Incentives targeted at participating enterprises.
KoTDA therefore invites qualified Interested individuals to apply for the position of CHIEF MANAGER, PHYSICAL PLANNING, DESIGN & COMPLIANCE- KoTDA Grade 2; Positions (1)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Manager Physical Planning, Design and Compliance is responsible for implementation of Konza Technopolis master plan, development control and surveying.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate shall be the Chief Manager Physical Planning, Design and Compliance and shall:
- Oversee the implementation of the Konza Masterplan through the different phases;
- Initiate periodic review of the Master plan in coordination with National Department of Physical Planning;
- Prepare Konza Technopolis development control policies, strategies and programs;
- Recommend approval of all site plans submitted for development at Konza Technopolis;
- Provide technical assistance to Makueni, Machakos and Kajiado Counties in implementation of the Konza Buffer Zone plan;
- Coordinate all surveys and land use planning in Konza Technopolis;
- Liaison with relevant Government and Development agencies on a need basis;
- Perform other duties as the CEO may from time-to-time, assign.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- At least Twelve (12) years’ work experience in planning, design or compliance in public service or private sector, three (3) of which must be in a senior management position;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following courses: Physical Planning, Architecture, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following courses: Physical Planning, Architecture, structural Engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or relevant qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A Leadership Course lasting not less than Four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be registered with the relevant professional body and in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Have excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making, team building, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide evidence of clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should include the job title, a reliable email address, and day -time telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
Interested applicants should register and apply online at Human Capital Business Solutions:
All applications should be received before/on Friday 11th January 2019.
KoTDA is an equal opportunity employer.
The Authority is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore qualified women, youth, the marginalized and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.